Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bacteria

While mold is easily one of my favorite things, bacteria don’t lag far behind. Tiny little creatures that do amazing things, like make soil, digest your food, kill creatures orders of magnitude larger. I feel compelled to respect something so powerful yet unassuming. Which is why I want to introduce my friend Annie. Aside from being one of the sweetest and most creative people I know, she also shares my passion for bacteria. Well, at least when they’re making yogurt.

Cue the shameless plug! Annie, in all her ingenious, bike-lovin’ glory has designed a bicycle cart for the sole purpose of travelling the Midwest sharing the glories of bacteria. Well, yogurt really. You can find out more about her project, the Yogurt Pedaler, here: http://yogurtpedaler.com/. And if you’re in the Midwest be on the look out for a beautiful woman on a bike sharing the small but mind-blowing wonder of homemade yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment